The California Mental Health Services Authority (CalMHSA), as the certifying entity, has implemented a comprehensive complaints investigation process to address the following concerns:
- Certified Medi-Cal Peer Support Specialists (CMPSS) ethical violations
- CalMHSA-approved training providers complaints
- General complaints
CalMHSA is committed to treating complaints with the utmost seriousness and takes appropriate measures to conduct thorough investigations.
- Certified Medi-Cal Peer Support Specialists: Allegations against a certified CMPSS for code of ethics violations. It is important to note that investigations will solely focus on allegations that transpired while the professional held a certification.
- CalMHSA-approved training providers: Allegations against approved training providers include dissatisfaction or grievance of services, practices, or performance by the training provider. Only allegations that occurred during the time the training provider was approved may be filed.
- General complaints: concerns related to the certification process, program policies, communication effectiveness, or overall participant experience.
Submitting a Complaint
Complaints may be filed electronically below or sent by mail to the California Mental Health Services Authority. Attn: Complaints Department, 1610 Arden Way, Suite 175, Sacramento, CA 95815, and must include:
- The full name, phone number, and e-mail address of the individual submitting the complaint.
- A clear statement explaining the nature of the complaint.
- Any relevant information related to complaint (documents, correspondence, or other evidence).