Before submitting an accommodation request, please read the following information carefully.
The below items are comfort aids and do not require pre-approval or an accommodation request. They will be allowed in the testing room upon visual inspection by the Test Center or Online Proctored staff. Visual inspection will be done by examining the item without directly touching it (or the candidate) and without asking the candidate to remove the item, unless otherwise stated below.
Medicine & Medical Devices
- Auto-Injector, such as EpiPen
- Braces – Neck, Back, Wrist, Leg or Ankle Braces
- Casts – including slings for broken/sprained arms and other injury-related items that cannot be removed.
- Cough Drops – must be unwrapped and not in a bottle/container.
- Eye Drops
- Eye Patches
- Eyeglasses, without the case, including tinted lenses – must be removed for visual inspection
- Glucose Tablets (does not include hard candy) – must be unwrapped and not in a bottle/container.
- Hearing aids/Cochlear implant – See additional information below.
- Medical Alert Bracelet – See additional information below.
- Medical device – Must be attached to a person’s body and be inaudible. If device makes noise, then candidates must apply and be approved for an accommodation. See additional information below.
- Continuous Glucose Monitor
- Insulin Pump
- Spinal Cord Stimulator
- TENS Unit
- Medical Foot Stool – Note: Candidates may bring a medical foot stool for the purpose of supporting an injured leg or foot. The stool must be non-skid, have a metal base, and can be no larger than 14X14X12.
- Nasal drops/spray
- Oxygen Tank – Must be self-contained and silent. If the oxygen makes noise, or if power is required, then an accommodation approval is needed.
- Pills – i.e., Tylenol or aspirin – Must be unwrapped and not in a bottle/container. Note: Candidates may bring pills that are still in the packaging if the packaging states they MUST remain in the packaging, such as nitro glycerin pills that cannot be exposed to air. Packaging must be properly inspected.
Additional Information: Candidates are not permitted to plug any device into the computer workstation. If the medical device includes an accompanying external remote-control device, the remote-control device may not be taken into the testing room. If there is a need to take the external remote-control device into the testing room, including a cell phone, candidates must apply and be approved for an accommodation to do so.
Service animals do not require an accommodation request. However, emotional support animals are not permitted in the exam centers.
Other Approved Items
- Ear plugs & noise reducing headphones – In person exam only and provided by test center. If ear plugs are required for online testing, please submit a Reasonable Accommodation Form
- Face mask and/or gloves – In person exam only. Not permitted for online testing.
- Magnifying glass – Handheld, non-electronic, without the case.
- Tissues/Kleenex – Must be provided by test center for in-person exam.