Security and Admission Procedures
Important: Your confirmation email will inform you how early to arrive at your appointment, make sure you arrive on time.
Do not forget your identification. If you do not bring your identification, you cannot take the exam and will forfeit your exam fee.
1. When you arrive, the test administrator (TA) will confirm your appointment time and exam.
2. You will be asked to read and agree to the testing rules and security statement. You must read, acknowledge, and agree to the terms and conditions of such document to begin your test. Should you not agree, you will not be permitted to proceed with taking the test and you will forfeit your test fee. If you select “DECLINE,” your test session will immediately end.
3. The test administrator will check your valid identification, ask you to sign your name on a digital signature pad and compare it to the one on your identification. Should you not agree, you will not be permitted to proceed with taking the test and you will forfeit your test fee.
4. You will be asked to scan the palm of your hand. The information is converted to a digital template and used to prevent anyone testing under your identity. This process is simple, accurate and eliminates any privacy concerns associated with other biometrics. Should you not agree, you will not be permitted to proceed with taking the test and you will forfeit your test fee.
5. Next, the test administrator will take your photo. All digital data including your photo are securely transmitted and stored with your test results.
If you are unable to complete any of the admission process procedures, you must request an accommodation request to avoid any disruption to your exam.
6. The next step is to store all your personal belongings in a locker or other secure area. If you refuse to store your personal items, you will be unable to test, and you will forfeit your test fee.
7. Items not allowed while in the testing room:
a. Purses, wallets, or bags
b. Watch, phones, or other smart devices – all electronic devices must be turned off before storing them in a locker
c. Hats and other non-religious head coverings
d. Coats, jackets, eyeglass cases
e. Barrettes or hair clips that are larger than 1/4 inch wide
f. Headbands or hairbands that are larger than 1/2 inch wide
g. Jewelry that is removable and larger than 1/4 inch
h. Books, notes, pens, or pencils
8. The test administrator will recheck for personal items each time you reenter the testing room (for example, after your scheduled break)
Before Entering the Testing Room
9. Before entering the testing room, you will be asked to:
a. Pull back your hair to show there are no electronic devices present
b. Lift your tie or hoodie to show that nothing is concealed
c. Roll up your sleeves to verify there is no writing on them
d. Turn out and empty your pockets
e. Pat yourself down: Run your hands around your arms, legs and waistline
f. If you are wearing glasses, you will remove them and put them on a desk for visual inspection.
10. Once the admission process is complete, you will be escorted to the testing room.
In the Testing Room
11. The test administrator will log you into your assigned workstation.
12. You will need to verify that you are taking the Medi-Cal Peer Support Specialist Certification Exam for which you registered to take.
13. Unless otherwise instructed, you must remain in your assigned seat until escorted out of the testing room by a test administrator.
14. While you are taking your exam, you will be monitored by the proctor and audio and video recorder.
15. You must follow the testing rules including:
a. Do not communicate with other test takers.
b. No eating, drinking, chewing gum, smoking, and/or making noise that creates a disturbance for other test takers.
c. Studying IS NOT allowed in the test center.
d. Visitors, children, spouses, family, or friends are NOT allowed in the test center
e. Any disruptive, threatening, or fraudulent behavior in the testing room may be grounds for terminating your test, invalidating your test results, or disqualifying you from taking the test at a future date.
16. When you reach your scheduled break in the exam, raise your hand and the proctor will assist you and escort you out of the testing room.
a. If you are taking any break, you MUST receive permission from the test administrator PRIOR to accessing any personal items that have been stored.
17. The test administrator will check for personal items each time you reenter the testing room.
18. You must leave the testing room for all breaks but do NOT leave the testing center.
Exam Complete and Exit
19. When your exam is complete, you will receive a “pass or no pass” result
20. Raise your hand, and the proctor will escort you out of the testing room.
21. You will receive a printout of your testing score when you exit.
22. Once you retrieve your personal items from the secure area, your testing experience is complete.
23. CalMHSA will receive your exam results and process your Medi-Cal Peer Support Certification documentation in 7 to14 days. You will receive a letter via email with either your certification document or information on how to re-schedule a certification exam, as applicable.