Please note that it may take 30 days to process your application.
Navigating the Certification Application Process
Embarking on the path to become a Certified Medi-Cal Peer Support Specialist is an exciting endeavor, and we’re here to make the journey as smooth as possible. This application process page is designed to provide you with a clear roadmap for achieving your certification goal. From the initial steps of submission to the final confirmation of your certification, below is your compass for understanding the ins and outs of the process. You can read it all through or navigate directly to a particular section.
- Step one is to register on this website to create an account, then watch a mandatory orientation video.
- Next, you will complete your application. This will include uploading your verification documents to the application before submitting.
- Once your application is completed, you must pay the application fee.
- CalMHSA’s Program Specialists will review your application. The review process may take up to 30 days. If there is anything that needs to be revised, you will receive an email with information on what and how to update your application.
- Once your application is approved, and you have completed your Medi-Cal Peer Support Specialist training from one of our approved training providers, you will need to return to your application and upload your certificate of completion.
- CalMHSA will review your uploaded training certificate and notify you of the status of your application within 14 days. Once your training certificate is approved, you will receive an email informing you that you are eligible to move with the next steps toward certification and instructions on how to pay the associated fee for the Certification Exam.
- Pay the Certification Exam fee by following the instructions in the email received.
- CalMHSA will send you detailed information on how to schedule your appointment to take the exam within 14 days of paying your exam fee.
- Schedule your appointment to take the certification exam by following the instructions in your email. Ensure you prepare for the exam and that you are aware of all the regulations, rescheduling requirements and that you prepare for the day of your exam for your in-person or online exam.
- Sit for your scheduled certification exam. The results of your exam will be displayed on your computer screen immediately following the exam. If you do not pass, you will have to pay an exam retake fee and repeat steps 8-10.
- CalMHSA will send you a notification email 7-14 days after taking your exam with the status of your exam and how to access your certification document. In the event you did not pass the exam the email will contain information on how to submit your payment to initiate an exam retake request.
Step by Step Application Instructions
Follow the link below to our web page with step-by-step instructions for new applicants seeking Medi-Cal Peer Support Specialist certification. We recognize that the application process may appear complex with its numerous details. However, our comprehensive instructions are here to provide clear and concise guidance, along with helpful screenshots. We hope this resource will be beneficial as you navigate the application process and address any questions you may have. If you encounter difficulties or have additional inquiries, please don’t hesitate to contact us. You also have the option to download a copy of these instructions as a guide for your convenience, should you wish to print it out. We’re more than happy to provide assistance and support.